We invite proposals for tutorials, to be held on both the first day of the main conference (September 13th, 2023) and the industry day immediately prior to the main conference (September 12th, 2023).
Main Conference Tutorials
Tutorials on the first day of the main conference should provide an easy-to-follow overview on recent trends, emerging topics, and future challenges, potentially including a hands-on session, related to AutoML. We specifically ask the presenters to not focus on their own work but to give an overview of the entire field. The corresponding slots are 1.5 hours long, including discussion. Speakers should aim to speak no longer than 80 minutes and leave 10 minutes for questions.
Industry Day Tutorials
Tutorials on the industry day should be hands-on sessions of tools or frameworks that are within the scope of the conference (see the Call for Papers for a list of topics that are certainly in scope), geared to an industry audience. The corresponding slots are 2 hours long, including discussion.
Proposal submission deadline: May 30th, 2023
Notification: June 18th, 2023
Abstracts, Syllabus and Tutorial Website completed by: August 1st, 2023
Tutorials: September 12–13th, 2023
The proposal should provide the following information:
- A “tl;dr” two-sentence summary
- An abstract (max 200 words) [1 paragraph]
- Is this tutorial intended for the main conference or the industry day? [checkbox]
- Motivation for the tutorial (Why is this relevant and important to the attendees of the AutoML conference?) [1 paragraph]
- Outline of the tutorial [2 paragraphs + tentative syllabus]
- Target audience and required background (Who is most likely going to attend this tutorial? What is the required background for this tutorial?) [1 paragraph]
- Short CV of the presenter(s), including past experience with tutorials and/or teaching, literature references showing the expertise in the proposed topic, and email address(es) [1 paragraph for each presenter]
Please submit your proposals via OpenReview.
Alexander Tornede, firstname.lastname@example.org